Begin your Home Energy Rating career by training to become a RESNET Certified Rating Field Inspector (RFI) with the SkyeTec Training Center. With the increased popularity of home energy efficiency programs and more states adopting stringent energy codes that require third-party testing, the demand for RFI’s is growing.
RFI certification is the first step in becoming a part of the home energy rating industry, and RFIs must work under the direct supervision of a RESNET Certified Home Energy Rater. A RFI is certified to conduct the inspections and necessary basic performance tests (Building Envelope/Blower Door and Duct Leakage tests) and collect the data to produce the home energy rating. This certification requires the ability to identify and quantify various building components, systems, data collection, and interpretation.
This certification requires the ability to identify and quantify various building components, systems, data collection, and interpretation.
Our extensive course includes:
- Five days of comprehensive class room and job-site instruction from experienced trainers (Monday-Friday)
- A Rating Field Inspector textbook
- A RESCAZ Combustion Safety textbook
- A Building Science flash drive with hundreds of useful documents, training materials, standards, definitions, energy related terms, and much more!
- Introductory and practical application of RESNET data collection requirements for RFI’s
- RESCAZ Combustion Safety Simulation Exam
- Proctoring and testing fees included.
All Inclusive Price: $1,299.00
Call 1.866.404.4130 or email us for more information on upcoming RFI sessions in your area.