Ensure Asbestos is Found & Handled Appropriately
Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous mineral and is commonly used in a variety of building materials and manufactured goods. When asbestos-containing materials (ACM) are damaged or disturbed, microscopic fibers become airborne causing significant health problems.
SkyeTec provides asbestos services including asbestos surveys, management plans, project design, project monitoring, and post abatement testing to make sure that any asbestos is found and handled properly to maintain and ensure a quality, healthy indoor environment.
SkyeTec is knowledgeable and experienced in providing the following asbestos services to our clients:
- Asbestos Surveys – Determines the presence of any ACMs and documents in a detailed report
- Asbestos Management Plans – A written plan for the proper handling of ACMs, required prior to any renovation or demolition. Without an asbestos survey and management plan, construction can not begin.
- Asbestos Project Design – Determines a plan of action for asbestos abatement
- Asbestos Project Monitoring – On-site oversight to ensure that asbestos abatement work is being handled properly and according to Federal, state, and local laws.
- Post Abatement Testing – Determines that all ACMS have been removed
Do you have asbestos in your building?
If unsure whether or not the materials in your building contain asbestos, you may consider hiring one of SkyeTec’s EPA licensed asbestos inspectors to sample and test the material. Achieve peace of mind knowing that the property is asbestos free prior to beginning any demolition or renovation work.